Dave Schools in a "bah-humbug mood"



18th Annual Warren Haynes Christmas Jam :: 12.16.06
Asheville Civic Center, Asheville, NC



AUCTION RESULTS -
Tickets for this year's event sold out at a record pace.
Ten (10) pairs of tickets were auctioned off at the Gov't Mule Auction website.
The highest price paid was $270.00 for the pair.

X-Mas Jam-Asheville Civic Center
Set 1
Cortez The Killer with Dave Matthews
All Along The Watchtower with Dave Matthews & Branford Marsalis
Reggae Soulshine with Branford Marsalis
Brand New Angel
Unring The Bell
Leaving Trunk with Taj Mahal & Branford Marsalis
Sco-Mule with Dave Schools & Randall Bramlett
Mule with Dave Schools & Randall Bramlett

Encore:
Sugaree with Brandon Bayliss, Marty Stuart & Taylor Hicks
I Shall Be Released with Marty Stuart, Kevn Kinney, Taylor Hicks, Mike Barnes, Ivan Neville, Brandon Bayliss, Mickey Raphael & Robert Kearns





Christmas Jam Rocks On
by Michael Flynn
published by the CITIZEN-TIMES Ashville



The New Orleans Social Club are bringing their bayou funk to the stage at the Warren Haynes Christmas Jam, as the concert rocks on at the Civic Center.

First time performer Dave Matthews, whose presence helped trigger a run on tickets this year, said he has drawn inspiration from many of the performers.

“I love being around this many great people,” he said. “I have been wanting to come to the Christmas Jam for years. I am a great friend of Warren’s.”

Earlier, Marty Stuart led his Fabulous Superlatives through electric mandolin jams and gospel harmonies, before Haynes joined in for some slide guitar work on “The Shape I’m In.”

Asheville’s Chris Ware, who snagged a ticket earlier today, said he was surprised by Stuart’s set. “I didn’t think I would enjoy it, but I did,” he said.

Regular Jam participant Dave Schools, bassist for Widespread Panic, said he enjoys the musical collectivism and holiday spirit of the concert.

“I’m always lucky enough to find a niche to play in,” he said. “I’m always in a bah-humbug mood until I get here. It transforms me into the spirit of Christmas.”

mlflynn@ashevill.gannett.com

-------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------
------------------------


Google